Friday, Dec. 2nd, Judah will see his pediatrician for a pre-op. physical. He has to receive one of these every time he goes under anesthesia just to make sure he's healthy enough to "go under". (This will be the sixth time he's been under anesthesia since his birth.) Typically, my attitude has been that these physicals are just a fomality, but with how frequently he and Tucker have been sick lately, I'm hoping he'll "pass" the physical and be healthy enough to go under anesthesia.
He is going under anesthesia for another EUA for his eyes on Friday, Dec. 9th. This is a routine check with the potential for surgery on one or both eyes depending on what the Dr. finds when he checks Judah's eyes.
Additionally, I am taking Judah to see a new specialist on Monday, Dec. 5th. Our neurologist recommended we see a interventional radiologist, Dr. Sally Mitchell, for some input re: the potential complications of Klippel Trenaunay Syndrome which Judah may have given the involvement of his port wine stain on his limbs.
While taking Judah to many doctors is becoming just a way of life for us, it still can present many ongoing temptations that would be "common to man", the short list being: anxiety, anger and grumbling. Please help me fight these temptations by praying for the Holy Spirit to remind me of God's truth that He is for me and my family and that He works all things together for our good and His glory, and that He'd give grace to do all things without complaining or arguing.
Please pray that:
- Judah will be healthy to undergo anesthesia on Dec. 9th
- Both of Judah's eyes will be fine and not require any further surgery.
- God will give wisdom to Dr. Mitchell re: the related syndrome, KT, that may be affecting Judah as well as the Sturge-Weber.
- I will be thorough and ask good questions of Dr. Mitchell and be able to absorb all the information and recommendations Dr. Mitchell may present to me at our initial consultation on Dec. 5th.
- I will be mindful and faithful with the opportunities these appointments afford us to be ministers of the gospel, particularly at this time of year.
Please thank God with us that:
- Judah is currently healthy (we think...he's running a low grade fever this morning, but nothing alarming yet)
- Judah and Tucker were both healthy over the Thanksgiving holiday, and we were able to make our planned trip to Pennsylvania to spend time w/ Briana's family.
- So many of the specialists we need to see are all at Hopkins, right in our backyard!
With all there is to be thinking about and preparing for this time of the year, we are really grateful for your thoughts and prayers on our behalf!!