Not grace to bar what is not bliss
Nor banish all sorrow, but this:
Grace that orders all our pain
Then in the dark is there to sustain."
Many times I wish God's grace would bar what is not bliss and banish all my sorrow, but I am grateful that while this is not true, He does provide the reassurance that all our pain is ordained by His loving Hand and will not remain any longer than He, in His perfect wisdom, determines is best. Admittedly, I have faltered in my faith and trust of God's loving hand in the past week. I have grown weary and at times, dropped my shield of faith and the flaming arrows of the Enemy have pierced my faint heart. Nevertheless, God remains faithful and is amazingly patient with me, consistently providing aid and restoring me when I have fallen. Thank you, Lord.
Bella has improved somewhat with her reflux, but not to the place that I would prefer. Feeding can still be a bit of a challenge with her gagging and arching and still just not eating as much as I think she should be eating. But, after borrowing a friend's baby scale, I saw that Bella seems to be gaining the weight she should be at this stage of her life. So, I'm giving thanks and trying not to worry too much about how little I think she eats.
This week I am taking the boys to their dentist appointment with the help of my Mother-in-law. I have not yet figured out, nor want to try to figure it out at this point, how to handle three children under three at a doctor's appointment. So, I'm grateful my mother-in-law is available to help. I am concerned about Judah's teeth. There is some staining on his teeth that I'm unsure what it is or why it's there. Tucker has no staining and the two of them are on the same medicines, eat the same food, keep the same dental hygeine. So, I'm eager to hear what the dentist has to say about this. Also, the dentist will be assessing again any potential drastic discrepancy in Judah's jaw bone growth as the one side of his face swells up and seems to grow at a faster rate than the other.
Please pray that:
- Judah's teeth staining will be a non-issue, and we'll be able to simply get them scraped or something like that to remove the stains.
- Judah's right jaw bone will not have grown disproportionately to his left.
- Bella's reflux will improve even more on her prescribed medicines and that she will begin to eat better.
- God would help me guard my heart against unbelief in His goodness
- Our family would know God's sustaining grace in an experiential way as we continue to make this transition to having three kiddos.