Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Katycakes

I have the most talented family members on the planet. One sister-in-law weaved my mom a wine bottle holding basket for Christmas this year. Another sister-in-law always wins my parents' hearts with the unique photo gifts she puts together of her children, my parents' grandchildren. Another sister-in-law (yes, I have many) always seems to find the perfect gift for whoever is on her list. My husband's sister always brings laughter with her along with good fashion, for which my husband is very grateful. She keeps my wardrobe updated both with her hand-me-downs and the generous purchases she makes on my behalf. (I think I'm her charity case, but I don't mind).

My younger sister responds with incredible courage, focus and skill in emergencies. It's not a wonder that she chose the ER for her first nursing experience and is now working on a burn unit (yeah, how many of us could do that?) My older sister...well, where to start and end? The girl manages two at home businesses, hers and her husbands, while remaining a full time mom to 2 children. Anything she bakes/cooks turns out to be a culinary delight and she is ever generous whenever we gather as a family, bringing way more than anyone could ever eat. But, trust me. We try.

Like all the gals on both sides of my family, my sister-in-law, Kate is uber-talented!! Among her many talents is an ability to create amazing cakes, cupcakes and other baked goods that are to die for. She is currently going to culinary school to finally own the title of an official pastry chef; although, in my opinion, this is just a formality because she already produces at this level. She has been called on by many family members, friends, and others to make something for a special event. She has finally put a blog together to display her amazing cakes, and I am thrilled to promote her in whatever way I can. Check out a sampling of her expertise at: http://www.katycakes.blogspot.com/.

8 comments:

Zoanna said...

Those cakes are phenomenal. I kept wanting to pick three or four favorites to comment on, but there were way more than that! I do love the Pregnant Momma poses. Too cute.

Elisa Melani said...

Oh my goodness, they are amazing!

Anonymous said...

They are awesome!

Anonymous said...

Your sister-in-law is so talented! Her wedding cakes are absolutely beautiful!

krista said...

Like Zo, I kept filing away a few to comment on, but lost track! Super talented girl, that Kate!

On a different note, a friend of mine posted a link to another cake blog recently. It was pretty funny--being that I'm a PA gal. I think you'd find them humorous too. :o) Enjoy!
http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/2009/01/you-say-redneck-like-its-bad-thing.html

Anonymous said...

Bri -- she's got mad talent!!! She should be on Ace of Cakes on the foodnetwork!!! Seriously!! Jen C.

Jessi said...

As everyone has already said...the cakes are simply AMAZING!! I'm wishing ya'll weren't so far away so I could order a fun one for Kate's 13th b-day party!

Becoming a Morrison said...

Ummm...the cakes are cool, but I'll take your sister-in-law's laughter ANY DAY! I miss Yvette... :(