Sunday, October 31, 2010

Trunk or Treat, 2010

Our church hosted a Trunk or Treat for the community. Many of the caregroups within our church put together a themed car, even donning costumes to go along with the theme. Our caregroup chose to do the Lego theme. The physical and mental collaboration was a bonding experience for sure.

Other themes included the Amazon, camping, Disney princesses, music through the decades, Pokemon, Toy Story, Alice in Wonderland, a farm complete with live goats and chickens and my personal favorite, a science oriented one. I think I liked this one the most on behalf of my academically inclined boys. Right now, Tucker especially is really into tornadoes. He wants to read books about tornadoes, watch Youtube videos about tornadoes, draw tornadoes. He even calls Bugles (the popular chip like snack) a tornado snack. :) The science crew had something at their spot that created a miniature tornado in a soda bottle. It was rather cool.

So, here is a slideshow from our evening. I didn't ask permission from everyone of whom I took pictures if I could post it online. So, if you happen to view these photos, are in them and don't want to be, please let me know. I'll be sure to take the photo offline.



2 comments:

Kathy said...

Thanks for sharing so many pictures! It is great to see everyone from Maryland. We went to a Trunk or Treat at a friend's church, and it was LAME!! No one decorated the way you all did.

EstCstGrl said...

This is so elaborate! It looks like an amazing time. Though I have no kids, I wonder how I will decide what to do about Halloween when the time comes... Trunk or Treat lookd like a great option!