While very pleased and optimistic about what the MRI scans showed and what Judah's ongoing development indicates, Dr. Comi did raise a few other concerns. One of those concerns regards the large size of Judah's head. His head circumference is within 3 cm. of an average adult size head. More concerning was the fact that on Judah's growth curve, it looked like his head circumference continued to climb rather than level off like other children his age. Upon plotting his 12 month check up head circumference stats. however, we were relieved to see that his H.C. did appear to level off. I am to measure his head every week or so and report my findings to Dr. Comi if Judah's head continues to grow.
There are some other concerns regarding the potential significant impact of Judah's port-wine stain and whether deeper vascular abnormalities exist. She is referring us to a pediatric radiologist for further input and possibly more scans.
Thank God with us that:
- Judah currently shows no evidence of brain involvement with his SWS.
- We have a wonderful neurologist in Dr. Comi. She is incredibly thorough, informative, patient and compassionate.
Please pray that:
- Judah's head circumference will not grow anymore.
- We'll hear soon re: insurance coverage for Judah's laser treatments and that they'll be fully covered.
- We will be able to schedule a consultation with the pediatric radiologist within a reasonable amount of time.
There are some additional appointments and concerns coming up, and I will be posting as regularly as I can on Monday's. We appreciate all who faithfully check this site and pray on our behalf. I don't know how to explain it, but we always feel your prayers, and it buoys our faith and confidence in God's protection and provision for us as we walk through this with Judah.