Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Computers and Potties

They are sort of related in our world as of late.
You see, our computer went to the potty..it's toast...won't turn on...FINISHED!
My boys are three years old, and they have yet to learn what our three year old computer did rather successfully: to "go to the potty". Which brings me to this post.
1. I will not be online much until we figure out how to make that money tree in the backyard grow in order to buy a new laptop. :) Anyone have suggestions of a good laptop that might last us more than three years?

2. I MAY make an "official" attempt at potty training this week. It's probably not a good thing that I'm still undecided. I thought I was decided. We went out Saturday and had the boys pick out underwear and bought the treasured potty candy. But, then today (the day I'm supposed to start) I woke up and thought, "Do I really want to do this?" I've got an extra meal to make for someone today, caregroup tomorrow, a dinner out with my sister in law on Thursday. Is this really the week to begin training? Of course, next week will come and I'm sure there will be plenty of excuses then, too. To start or not to start, that is the question. The little men are not out of their beds yet, so I'll spend some time in God's Word and pray about it (hopefully before they wake up), and see if I can make a humble yet decided effort at the potty training thing today. I would appreciate anyone's prayers.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, potty training. It goes in fits and starts, lots of accidents, you learn where each stores' public bathroom is (yuck!), no water after dinner, yada, yada, yada. And guess what....everybody gets it sooner or later, right? Some take a little longer than others.......but they all provide many memories (which WILL become funny over time) and obviously I don't have any advice. Enjoy! Gigi
Oh so sorry about the computer....

Anonymous said...

A good laptop would be a MAC Powerbook!! :) Okay, if you're just doing word processing and internet surfing, you don't actually NEED a MAC, but they're the best!!

Good luck on the potty training!!

Zoanna said...

Can't give computer advice. I"m a dwebe thre. Potty training.? I'd wait till you have the umph in your own pants, so to speak!

Zoanna said...

PS I tagged you but understand if you don't have a computer...

Anonymous said...

We're computer shopping too. Although my choice would be a Mac, my pocketbook says otherwise. We'll probably end up with a Dell. As far as the potty training - you have to be ready so it's good to pray about it. We always joked that if they didn't get potty trained then dating won't be an issue, right? Who would want to date a girl who wasn't potty trained? ha ha!

Leanne said...

Matt has a Dell laptop that he's been really happy with, and they run frequent specials with significant discounts. Let me get more info from him and I'll get back to you.