Funny...I was praying about what to do with my kiddos' naptime today. A few thoughts of what I wanted to do: take a nap, throw in some laundry, make my hubby chocolate chipless cookies (yes, he likes them without the chocolate chips...he's the weird one!), read a book, work on my daughter's birthday party plans, etc. But, then I hopped over to "Ordinary Mother" and knew I had my answer: write a blog post with 7 weird things about myself. Ahh, yes...the divine does speak through Laurie Reyes...(actually, I do believe that to be true, but in this instance I'm being very sarcastic). :0
So, because I cannot disappoint my dear friend, here are 7 (am I limited to 7?) weird things about myself:
1. I LOVE the smell of my boys' breaths when they wake up from their naps.
2. I LOVE watching QVC...seriously, I will say to my hubby at night before we go to bed, "Can I just go downstairs quickly and get my QVC fix?"
3. I love to run and even moreso if hills are involved. In fact, if it was possible, I would have only uphills and no downhills.
4. I have this thing for pain some would say> I was nearly distraught when my midwives were pressuring me to have an epidural in place for the delivery of my twins (which I didn't comply to and ended up with a spinal instead for my emergency c-section with them). If at all possible, I will choose not to be put under anesthesia for a procedure just so I can know what they're doing to me. I've had a novicaine shot into my eye rather than being put under and was so close to asking my midwife what the doctor was doing procedurally during my c-section. **For those of you who have never seen a C-section or had one, they place a sheet at your mid-section so you can't see what they're doing...this killed me during mine because I was so curious. I think the only thing that kept me from asking was when I saw smoke arising from behind the sheet and I thought, "hmmm, maybe I don't want to know." Later, I did ask my midwife and she obliged me by telling me step by step what really happens during a C-section.
5. I must have my bedsheets straightened and tight in order to go to sleep at night. There have been times I have actually woken up my husband because the sheets had gotten all "sloppy" and I couldn't sleep.
6. I have to have the toilet paper coming from the top of the roll. I have actually turned the toilet paper around at other people's houses if it's put on with the paper coming from the bottom of the roll.
7. I would actually get a thrill out of being left home alone to clean all day.
I tag Melanie L. (because I know you have sooo much time on your hands), Lydia E. (even though you don't have a blog..email me your list and I'll post it here if you're okay with that. I'm thinking you'd have a pretty good list), Jessi and Jen Brewer.