Saturday, June 07, 2008

Summery Chocolate Recipes For You to Enjoy!

My sister in law introduced me to this recipe just a little bit ago. I decided it would be the thing I take to any picnics, family gatherings or parties we're invited to this summer. It may sound a little funny, but it's a great, easy 'salad'.


SNICKERS® APPLE SALAD

3-4 lg. apples (I think Granny Smith is the best for taste and color)
1 (8 oz.) Cool Whip
3 regular size SNICKERS® bars

Dice apples and cut up SNICKERS® bars into small pieces. Fold in Cool Whip.


Also, my friend, Jessica, over at Life as Mom is having a little contest this weekend which involves winning chocolate. All you have to do is post a recipe for one of your favorite chocolate treats and link it to her blog. I am beginning to love blog contests and certainly any one that is giving away free chocolate. I have so many recipes I could post, but I'm going to post these two which are great summer treats as they don't require oven use.

NO Bake Cookies

This is the recipe I know by heart and go to when 1. I'm having a serious chocolate craving and 2. have limited ingredients on hand. I typically always have the ingredients found in this recipe on hand.

Mocha Cooler

This recipe is a great way to enjoy a mocha frappucino-like drink during the hot summer days when the temptation to do a Starbucks (or in my case, Dunkin Donuts) run is present daily, sometimes more than once a day. So, having this mix on hand to pop in the blender will save you $ on gas and on the drink!!

ENJOY.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

I love that snickers apple salad. My kids love it. I have made it many times. Thanks for sharing. And I love Pampered Chef products.

FishMama said...

I would never have thought to put Snickers with Apples....I also wouldn't call it a salad! But, it sounds really good!

Angela said...

Hi! Oooh I am glad I came by to see your recipes! You posted on my blog about the chocolate chip cake! I have never tried it with vanilla but I am sure it would be delicious! I think the pudding and the sour cream are the keys to making it taste so yummy and moist! You'll have to let me know if you try it!

Blessings!