Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Inexpressible Gift

A quote from Of First Importance:


“What we see at the cross is the white-hot revelation of the character of God, of his love providing the price that holiness requires. The cross was his means of redeeming lost sinners and reconciling them to himself, but it was also a profound disclosure of his mercy. It is, in Paul’s words, an ‘inexpressible gift’ that leads us to wonder and worship, to praise and adore the God who has given himself to us in this way.”

- David F. Wells, The Courage to be Protestant (Grand Rapids, Mi.: Eerdmans, 2008), 129.

Thank you, Lord, for your 'profound disclosure of mercy' in giving up your only Son so that I could know You, commune with You, talk to You about anything, anytime, anywhere and be heard by You, loved by You, preserved for Heaven by You and ultimately, one day to see You face to face and live eternally in Heavenly Bliss. Indeed, You are good and have been good to me.

5 comments:

Danyele Easterhaus said...

so true...so true! i came over from carrie's place and i love this post. so on that carrie note, congrats!!!

Carrie said...

Woo-hoo!! I posted the winner from my giveaway. I think you need to come take a look!

Carrie said...

Yes, please! Email me at
oikology101 at gmail dot com with your info and I'll get it out this week! Just in time for Black Friday!!!

Erica said...

I live in Arizona now, but I am from Frederick Maryland...my parents are there. That is home.

By the way, thanks for sharing the YouTube video, Cardboard Testimonies. It was very touching! Congrats on your church's move forward. It looks like you are headed in a great direction.

God bless you and your family!

Jennifer Moore said...

Email me your mailing address. You won my giveaway for the $5 Starbucks gift card at Savings Chatter!!

Jennifer6183@yahoo.com