Monday, April 10, 2006

Getting Through Grief

Just two days ago, I received a phone call from a dear friend of mine, Emily. The message left on our machine went something like this:
"We found out this morning that Alivia has leukemia, and we are heading to Hershey Medical Center this afternoon. Could you be praying for us and asking others to pray?"

Alivia is Emily and James's first baby, and conceived after many months of trying, waiting and then intervening with some medical help. She had her 1st birthday on March 29th. She is the first grandbaby for both sides of their family, and she is a doll baby. She is petite and precious. She is a gift from God, and all who know her, love her. She has brought much joy to many people's lives.

Would you please pray for Alivia, for her parents, James and Emily, for her grandparents, Dave and Gretchen, Bill and Cynthia? Here is a link to a blog Emily started a while ago just for fun. She is now using it to keep those who care informed as to Alivia's most recent developments with the leukemia. http://aliviarachelhaughery32005.blogspot.com/.

Emily called me twice on Saturday, the second time to reach me directly. She asked if I would write down some verses and/or quotes that helped and continues to help me with the lot God's given us through Judah's SWS. So, privileged to comfort my friend with the comfort I've been given, I am going to do just that. And, I decided I would like to post bits of what I share with her here on Judah's blog. It is only fitting that those who so faithfully pray for us and have cared for us see how the Lord is multiplying the good seed you planted in our lives, thirty, sixty or one hundred fold.

One of the first scriptures that became very dear to me during those first days and weeks with Judah and Tucker was Isaiah 41:10,

...fear not, for I am with you;
be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you,
I will help you,
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

I will end by saying that God strengthens me, helps me and upholds me and our family in great measure through your prayers. It is undoubtedly true. Would you be apart of stengthening, helping and upholding Emily, James and baby Alivia today by saying a prayer on their behalf?
Thanks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your example of encouragement and of being a good friend. Look at how God's using your own hard experiences to encourage another!