She still has not been able to receive food nourishment via IV and is scheduled to have a bronchoscopy (a scope placed down her throat to check things out there) tomorrow sometime. The boys both had this procedure done when they were 4 1/2 months old. It was very hard to see them go through this, and it is proving to be as difficult if not moreso to think about putting my brand new baby girl through this, too.
She will be put under anasthesia and intubated for the procedure. She may come out of the procedure with a ventilator still in place if she needs it. This news hit me a bit hard tonight along with the clarification of what our expectations should be re: her stay in the NICU. After speaking with Bella's nurse tonight, she led us to believe Bella could be in the NICU for at least another week if not longer.
If you want more of the medical side of things, let me know and I'll try to explain what I know. Otherwise, here are the ways you can be praying for our family:
- Bella will fare well with anasthesia and no complications will arise before, during or after the bronchoscopy.
- the bronchoscopy will prove helpful in diagnosing and treating Bella for her respiratory distress, taking us one step closer to bringing her home.
- continued strength for Lawrence and me to respond to all the competing demands and needs of our family right now.
- continued restoration of health for me (I am still healing from my delivery with Bella as well as trying to fight either a cold or allergies/sinus stuffiness).
- Pumping my milk for Bella will continue to go well and my supply will be regulated soon.
- the boys will continue to receive much grace to remain flexible during this time of upset in their schedule, absense of mommy and daddy and being passed around from one sitter/play buddy to another.
We have been experiencing God's grace and mercy in abundance, and God willing, I will get an opportunity soon to post some of the specific ways this has been true. Your prayers are in no small measure playing a major role in the way Lawrence and I and the boys have been able to respond to this trial in a way that glorifies God. Thank you so much and please keep praying!