Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Other Recipes

Shrimp Salad:

If buying frozen shrimp (not cooked), thaw in water; clean by splitting the backs.

Put together a marinade of beer or wine (a pink blush), Old Bay, white pepper, 1t. italian seasoning. Marinade in sealed container for at least 1/2 hour.

Drain marinade into saucepan and boil with a little water added to it if needed. When water is boiled, throw in shrimp and 'steam' for not very long...just until it turns pink. Drain, cut up shrimp and add mayo to taste. Serve on Kaiser rolls.

Creamy Tomato Soup:

1 medium onion, chopped
2 T. butter
2 cans (10 3/4 oz each) condensed tomato soup
1 can (14 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 1/2 cups milk
1 t. sugar
1/2-1 t. dried basil
1/2-1 t. paprika
1/8-1/4 t. garlic powder
1 pkg. (8 oz) cream cheese, at room temp. & cubed (I usually use only half or less)

In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in tomato soups and tomatoes, milk, sugar, basil, paprika and garlic powder. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in cream cheese until melted. Great to enjoy with grilled cheese sandwiches. YUMMY!!

Quesadillas con huevos, frijoles y avocados (don't know the word for avocado in spanish) :)

Simply make cheese quesadillas, fry an egg, and heat up black beans in your microwave. I like to drain the beans and rinse them to minimize the sodium. Peel and slice avocado.
To assemble:
quesadillas cut in triangles go on the bottom, followed by a bed of black beans, fried egg on top of that and then sliced avocado. I like to sprinkle a little paprika on top for extra color to an already very colorful dish. Enjoy!

If you want me to post any other recipes from my summer meal list, let me know in the comments. Otherwise, I'm hoping to move on to other topics real soon. :)

3 comments:

Zoanna said...

Thanks for posting. Can't wait to try all of it!

I meant to say yes, I WOULD like to know more about the sewing machine. If it's in working condition, I'm sure it'd sell in the Pennysaver (too heavy to mess w/ shipping via Ebay).

Thanks! When can I come get it?

Suzanne said...

Hey,
I got your comment abou tmy template. My cousin does all my templates. I wouldn't have a clue where to begin. Sorry I wasn't much help!

staceyhoff said...

yummy!! Thanx for posting these. I too love Real Simple. Hey they make a great little monthly mini-mag,all recipe ideas, called Everyday Food and I have never tried a recipe from it I didn't like- thought you might like to check it out sometime!