Tuesday, January 07, 2014

"Wounded by God's People"

I serendipitously stumbled upon this video tonight, discussing the topic of Ann Graham Lotz's book, "Wounded by God's People". It was a thoughtful, humble discussion about an issue that, in my opinion, is not dealt with openly and honestly among God's people.  We are so quick to defend, deflect and dismiss our 'wounding' of others. And, I find the more religiously astute, the worse the offender. 

O Lord, my plea is that I not be so religious that I disregard how I may wound others, even unintentionally.  I know I have walked many days of my life that way, especially toward my family. Forgive me. Keep me sensitive toward how others need to see and experience Jesus' love through me. 


http://youtu.be/xt3nNn8a1QQ

"Wounded by God's People" may be my 2nd read for 2014.

No comments: