I have spent most of the day in my bed or bathroom, and I think I'm beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Thank you, LORD! Lawrence managed thus far to remain healthy. Thank you, LORD!!
Lawrence took Judah to the hospital today while I stayed home in bed. Once again, our good friend, De, who seems always ready to serve, came to be with Tucker today, who seems to be doing much better physically. Emotionally is another story. Please keep praying for his little heart. He seems to do well with sitters once mommy and daddy are out of his sight, but when he's around Lawrence or me, he becomes very demanding, clingy and angry. We really need wisdom and grace to know how to practically demonstrate our love for him as well as shepherd his heart through our circumstances.
Judah's trip to the hospital, from my vantage point anyway, went very well. Dr. Carson was able to see him despite his very booked clinic schedule and the emergency surgery he had last night. He decided that Judah will have brain surgery next Wednesday to place a tube shunt in his brain, allowing the excess fluid to drain into his abdomen. The tube shunt will be permanent and account for Judah's growth over his lifetime.
Judah also had an MRI done and right after being put under was able to have an opthamology evaluation as well. Because everything has been happening so quickly, ensuring insurance coverage can get rather tricky. However, we saw God once again come through for us, even down to the last minute. I must recognize what a major means of grace our pediatrician's office has been to us since the boys were born. We see Dr. Claudia Beck with Pediatric Partners, and the office staff has been simply outstanding in helping us, and even at times doing what policy says cannot be done, in order to expedite insurance coverage and make our journey with Judah as stress free as it can be as far as they're concerned.
I was able to speak with some of you today, and I have read our emails and the comments left here. We are really encouraged from hearing from you, and absolutely feel buoyed by your prayers on our behalf. My friend, Laurie, wrote a God-inspired post on her blog regarding the suffering life brings, and I would encourage you to read it. Our friend, Zoanna, wrote this comment to Laurie's post:
"Trials and suffering wean us from this world." How well said. And yet how quickly we want to rush out of our trials and relieve the suffering that others are going through as well. There's a mystery. When we pray, "on earth as it is in heaven," do we want all the gold of heaven and yet still want to hold onto the silver and bronze of earth?
Help us to gain the "gold of heaven" by helping us to fight for God's perspective, God's peace and even God's joy in the midst of these trying circumstances. My mind knows the truth that we are being treated better than we deserve and that even beyond that, we are only experiencing God's goodness and mercy. But, my heart often does not comprehend this. We appreciate you sharing any scripture, quote or encouragement otherwise that might help us fight the good fight of trusting God.
Tangible mercies today:
- our good friend, DE, jumping to serve us by staying with Tucker today. She went above and beyond as always by cleaning our floors, doing many loads of laundry, washing our windows, and who knows what else. How humbling, De, but how much appreciated, my friend. We love you!!
- Lawrence's brother, Sam, who accompanied Lawrence and Judah to the hospital and proved to be a huge help today.
- Dr. Carson fitting us into his busy schedule today and next week for surgery.
- Tucker doing much better health-wise.
- Your many calls, notes and prayers on our behalf.
Please pray that:
- Our entire household will be on the mend soon from the stomach virus, get much needed rest, and that those who served us in the last couple days will not get sick from being around us.
- Judah will not experience asthma complications from being intubated for today's MRI.
- We will be able to get all the authorizations and referrals needed for all the medical services to be covered entirely.
- Judah will be healthy for surgery next week.
- All the doctors involved in Judah's care will confer as to Judah's situation and best course of treatment.
- God will guide Dr's Carson's gifted hands to perform a flawless surgery on Judah next Wednesday.
Please feel free to email us with any questions you might have regarding the medical end of Judah's situation. We may not have answers for you, but your questions might help us think about things we need to ask our doctors. Thank you so much for all your love and care and prayers!