Tuesday, May 23, 2006

A New Development

Just a quick update and request for prayer. I will try to write more later on this evening.

I received a call from our neurologist this morning to tell me that she was recommending one more preliminary test called an angiogram before Judah has surgery. If it's decided that Judah should have this done, his surgery will most likely be postponed. Judah's case is somewhat unique as this type of surgery has never been done on a SWS patient per our neurologist, Dr. Comi. Judah's vascular system in his brain may present atypical complications thereby making the angiogram a good idea as that would provide the best "roadmap" for surgery. The decision is ultimately up to the surgeon, Dr. Carson, who will be reviewing Judah's scans and file today.

Please pray that God will give wisdom and certainty to Dr. Carson as to the direction to take re: Judah's case. And, please pray that Lawrence and I will rest in the knowledge that God is ultimately the One who ordains our steps for our good and His glory no matter what is decided.

2 comments:

kristie said...

Thanks so much for the updates. We have been and will be praying for you guys.

Zoanna said...

We are definitely holding you up in prayer for the details as well as for peace and assurance. Sarah wants to know if you need a sitter for part of the time? I figure you've already got it covered, but she's available if so.